Having previously shared my journey to Master Certified Coach (MCC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF), it is my privilege and responsibility to mentor coaches in their journeys.
Having been mentored and mentoring coaches I have experienced how powerful it is in the acceleration of coach development and the impact it has on clients.
The International Coaching Federation (ICF) is the world’s largest organization of professionally trained coaches, with more than 32000 members in 130 countries. There are currently more than 25000 coaches in 119 countries who hold one of three ICF Credentials:
• Associate Certified Coach (ACC)
• Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
• Master Certified Coach (MCC)
Credentialing candidates for ACC, PCC or MCC with the ICF are required to partner with a Mentor Coach who holds a valid Credential.
According to the ICF website: Mentor Coaching for an ICF Credential consists of coaching and feedback in a collaborative, appreciative and dialogued process based on an observed or recorded coaching session to increase the coach’s capability in coaching, in alignment with the ICF Core Competencies.
Credentialing candidates for ACC, PCC or MCC must complete 10 hours of Mentor Coaching prior to submitting their application.
What can happen in the 10 hours Mentor Coaching?
In the Mentor Coaching I facilitate this is what happens:
- Feedback and mentoring on real-time and/or recorded coaching sessions
- one-on one or group mentoring sessions, in a variety of formats, including three way live calls with your private client(s), recorded calls for review and other creative skill building activities
- Support materials, including recordings provided
- Define and refine the individual coaching style
- Feedback based on ICF Core Competencies
- Ongoing materials support for life (after the sessions), including new materials and recordings
Mentor Coach Duties and Competencies Document -> ICF partnered with the Association of Coach Training Organizations (ACTO) to develop a document outlining the duties, personal traits and competencies of Mentor Coaches.
André Ribeiro is an executive coach, team coach and mentor coach. He is Master Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation and Senior Practitioner by the European Mentoring and Coaching Council.